Tuesday 23 July 2013

Hat Trick Boredom Buster

It's officially the beginning of the summer boredom in our house, so I decided to use a little hat trick to keep things fun this year. We had these cute mini post-it labels and put all the things in them that either the kids wanted to do or I wanted them to do and put them in a hat.. There were things like Computer time, TV, Arts and Crafts, Maths and Spellings and even simply, play outside.  We even put some 'wild card' ones so they do whatever they wanted with those ones. When we pick one, out we set a time limit of about 30 minutes. I hoping to put some structure into their day without too much nagging and to keep from hearing 'I'm bored', every 5 minutes. I won't use it every day but so far it's been working well.   My 7 year old is really been into it and instead of saying 'she is bored', says' Is it my turn to pick something out of the hat yet?' 

No comments:

Post a Comment